College Scholarship Program
Our Vince Jacknewitz College Scholarship Program will be returning to award six $1500 scholarships to credit union members who are graduating high school this spring. The application will open on February 1, 2021.
The scholarship will focus on a three-page essay or a short video with consideration given to scholastic standing and extracurricular activities.
- How would you reach out to teens to show them the importance of good financial planning, help them navigate these new challenges and prepare them for a future of self-reliance? What information do you think seniors need before graduating from high school?
Describe a financial education project or program that was implemented in your school that you believe prepared you for life after high school. Explain how this program affected your ability to manage money including earnings, savings and spending.
For video submissions...
Please submit original video via YouTube with the following criteria and topic:
- Create a 60-second to 1 ½ minute advertisement targeted specifically at a younger viewer (under the age of 30) that highlights the benefits of credit union membership. Any use or resemblance of the Credit Union's logo is prohibited.
Applicants will need to submit:
- An official high school transcript including 1st semester of senior year
- Letter of acceptance from the college of choice
- Completed 2021 official application
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or work/volunteer supervisor
The scholarship program will close on March 31, 2021. For additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Program:
The Vince Jacknewitz College Scholarship Program is one of several Together Foundation programs. Our foundation promotes collaboration and best practices, calling for projects that bring non-profit organizations together to provide quality financial education and easy access to banking opportunities for young people and families most in need of these opportunities