Day of Giving 2019
Hundreds of Employees. Dozens of Organizations. One Incredible Day.
On Monday, October 14, many organizations and institutions were closed to observe Columbus Day - your Credit Union included. However, we thought this was the perfect opportunity to instead plan and execute our second annual Service Day in the Saint Louis community.
Who Was Impacted?
Below is the list of activities that impacted various organizations. Click on a specific organization to learn more about their mission!
- All Among Us - Providing opportunities for those who desire to transition from generational poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Belleville Area Humane Society - Improving the lives of homeless animals in the community through adoption, education and outreach.
- Blessing Bags - We put together 1000 dental kits for adults and children. We are donating these kits to Food Pantries and Homeless Shelters.
- Book Buddies - We paired together 650 new books with new stuffed animals/and bookmarks and will be donated to local organizations and schools on December 3 (#GivingTuesday).
- Care STL - Focusing on the health and safety of the animals in our care- the abused, neglected, and homeless companion animals in St. Louis city- and pairing those animals with humans to better each other.
- Dog and Cat Toys - We made 800 toys out of donated t-shirts for dogs and cats. These chew toys are being donated to Stray Rescues and other animal agencies in need.
- Fleece Blankets - We created 200 fleece, no sew blankets for the homeless, babies and pets.
- HEROES Care - Providing a support network throughout the entire deployment process that is known to troops, families, commanders and community.
- Hope Lodge - Providing a free home away from home for cancer patients and their caregivers when they need to travel for certain treatments.
- Little Bit Foundation - Breaking down the barriers to learning for students living in poverty and empowering them to achieve their academic goals and dreams for the future.
- Missouri State Veterans Home - Serving veterans as the first choice in nursing care, benefits and a dignified resting place.
- Nurses for Newborns - Providing assistance for pregnant families to help prevent infant mortality, child abuse and/or neglect.
- O’Fallon Garden Club - Focusing on community-based service projects and promotes volunteerism.
- Places for People - Improving the physical and behavioral health of individuals, families and communities.
- Salvation Army South County - Serving the community through emergency disaster and a variety of different programs.
- Shriners Hospital - Providing the highest quality care to children with special healthcare needs within a compassionate environment.
- Soulard School - An independent, urban educational center designed for children from levels Pre-K to 5th grade.
- St. Louis County Animal Care and Control - Protecting the health and welfare of animals in the community and provides care.
- Stray Rescue - Rescue stray animals in need of medical attention, restore them to health, and place them in adoptive homes.
- Tenth Life Cat Rescues - Providing veterinary care, foster homes and adoptive placement to stray cats.
- Together Credit Union Landscaping - We cleaned/updated the outside of our headquarters branch to provide a better environment and experience for our members.
- The Fit and Food Connection - Providing healthy living resources through nutrition and physical fitness to families in need.
From the Organization:
"We all appreciate your incredible gifts of blankets and stuffed animals! Your generosity is a big help to our struggling families. Thank you for helping us care of our vulnerable little ones.
From our Employees:
"I went home very tired but fulfilled. Thank you for the opportunity to share this with my co-workers."
"I am very thankful that the CU organized this event. It was nice to network and be able to volunteer while still having fun."
"Can't wait for next year! This absolutely should be a continued tradition for the credit union."
"I loved being a part of this experience, and I'm so happy and proud to be part of an organization that does so much for our community. I am looking forward to next year!"
"The most inspirational part of service day for me was seeing the huge turnout of volunteers. It's amazing how many of us came together to help our community."
We would also like to thank all of the organizations who we received donations from that helped us put together this special day.
- Purina - Provided pet food, treats, toys, scratching posts and other animal items.
- Credit Union Employees - Provided t-shirts that were converted to chew toys.
- Sunset Tennis Center - Provided tennis balls for the pet toys our employees put together.
- Bank Express - Provided hand sanitizer for the hygiene kits.
- Delta Dental - Provided all dental items used to put together dental kits.
- Candlewick Press – books
- Delta Dental – toothbrush and toothpaste
- HEROES Care – Disney DVDs