Together Credit Union Awarded Accolades for Financial Education
Saint Louis, MO – Together Credit Union has been recognized by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) and the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) for the video series, “How To.” The series was launched on social media platforms during the early stages of the pandemic to teach digital banking basics.
“Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many members have switched from in-person branch visits to virtual self-service portals for their banking needs. We launched the ‘How To’ series to provide step-by-step instructions for our virtual banking platforms and most used banking features,” said Tom Kraus, Chief Operating Officer.
The CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council awarded a Diamond Award in the Financial Education category. The annual competition, which included 35 categories with more than 1,200 entries, recognizes and rewards creative excellence and outstanding results in credit union marketing.
The Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) awarded a Gold Hermes Creative Award in the Electronic Media/Social Media/Interactive Media category for Video-Educational. The annual creative competition is one of the oldest and largest in the world and “honors the messengers and creators of the information revolution.”
Videos in the “How To” series include:
- “How to Navigate Emotional Spending” breaks down emotional spending, also known as impulse buying, and how it impacts budgets, be aware of when emotional spending is happening and things you can do to reset your mind when it comes to emotional spending.
- “How Does a Digital Wallet Work?” provides information on what digital wallets consist of, how to add a card to your digital wallet, and how person-to-person third-party apps are user-friendly but also need an extra layer of security on your part.
- “How to Use Debit Card Controls” walks members through what debit card controls are, why you would want card controls, and how to use them.
- “How to Use Mobile Deposit” shows members a secure way to deposit a check into their account from the comfort of their home.
- “How to Change Multi-Factor Authentication on Your Account” teaches views about multi-factor authentication.
The “How To” series is available on YouTube. For more information regarding this announcement, contact Julie Linder, PR & Events Strategist, by calling (573)268-0639.
About the Credit Union: As a member-owned, community-focused, not-for-profit financial institution, the Credit Union offers a comprehensive list of banking products and financial services at 27 branches nationwide and through 24/7 Member resources and amenities. In addition, Members can access their accounts and perform transactions at more than 5,600 shared branch locations and self-service shared branch express terminals, as well as more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, through the CO-OP Shared Branch Network in all 50 states.
With more than $1.82 billion in total assets and 132,000 members nationwide, Together Credit Union is named a 2019 Best Credit Union in Missouri by Forbes Magazine and ranked as a “Top 150,” credit union in the U.S. The credit union was also chosen as a 2019 Corporate Philanthropy honoree by both the Credit Union National Association and the St. Louis Business Journal.