Mechanical Repair Coverage
Your financial well-being is important to us. If you have your auto loan with the Credit Union, we can provide you a safeguard when the unexpected occurs with Mechanical Repair Coverage.
It can help deflect some of those costly covered repairs while keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With various coverage levels and deductibles to choose from, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that's safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs. Ignoring repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program*:
- Limit repair costs to your deductible, if any.
- Choose your deductible: $0, $100, $250, or $500
- Rental reimbursement up to $35/day for 5 days (up to an additional 5 days with verified parts delay) from day one.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance & lockout service.
- Travel reimbursement up to $200 per day for 1-5 days for food, lodging & transportation expense, when a covered breakdown occurs 100 miles or more from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
- No out of pocket expense except any deductible. Plan pays the repair facility.
- Transferable to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancel for full refund within 60 days. A full refund is available only if coverage is unused in the first 60 days. If used or cancelled after 60 days, refund is prorated less administrative fees. Cancellation administrative fees vary by state.
“[The warranty] has worked out great so far. We drove the car across the country and when we arrived on the East Coast the air conditioning stopped working…Turns out the compressor had gone and needed to be replaced.
The dealership was able to work directly with the warranty company and I didn't need to do a thing. Everything was covered, minus my deductible and the car is fixed and like new. It was a great experience…With this repair vs. the cost of the warranty it has already paid for itself.”
- Paul R.
Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., in FL, LA , and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051), all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Illinois 60604, 800.752.6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MBIP 08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. Coverage varies by state. Replacement parts may be used or remanufactured. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy, which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product.
MRC-2425078.1-0219-0321 © CUNA Mutual Group 2019, All Rights Reserved.